There are several ways to approach the repair of your AirBuddy. Choose your best option in terms of costs, time and repair quality based on your skills, budget and proximity to our factory:
- Return damaged AirBuddy unit to us for a professional repair and testing.
- Order parts and do the repair yourself if you have good mechanical skills and required tools.
- Order the whole sub-assembly and replace with basic tools and minimal skills.
To replace the compressor, you’ll need mechanical skills at about the same level as required for repairing a bicycle. You’ll also need hand tools such as Torx T-15 screwdriver, T-30 torque-wrench, seam-ripper (or sharp cuticle scissors), hot air gun (or lighter), and various consumables (O-ring grease, heat paste, thread locker, etc.), some of which can be purchased separately from our online shop. Please follow the instructions in the tutorial video 3-11. The compressor comes with:
- Compressor motor.
- Piston and cylinder.
- Compressor breather.
- Compressor valve plate, incl. O-rings.
- Compressor screw O-rings.
- Two sets of heat shrink tubes.
Note: This listing includes only the compressor with the parts named above. The housing is shown on the picture just for demonstration.
- Additional information